PDA

View Full Version : Thanx for the help finding homes for my LF lenses

tom thomas
16-Dec-2008, 17:12
I popped up out of nowhere on the forum last September with a lot of questions about a box full of monster lenses I'd won at an antiques auction. I'd never seen anything like them before. As I mentioned at the time, I like 35mm and 2 1/4 format. I asked dumb questions, got some real support and lots of good answers.

I've met my goal as I wanted to find good homes for the lenses rather than make light catchers of them on my window ledge.

I'd like to thank everyone for the gracious help and to wish you'all a warm and healthy holiday season with those you cherish.

Tom Thomas

Jon Wilson
16-Dec-2008, 21:45
Tom, I hope you do decide to stay in this arena. I too have used 35mm through larger formats and dare I say even digital. There is definitely a place for all of these forms/formats. My current ULF is 11x14. There is just nothing better than seeing that image, albeit upside down, on the ground glass (gg). I now find my 4x5 cameras too small...maybe due to my old eyes. However, I still keep at least by 6x6 handy for quick shots. Take care and Happy Holidays. Jon

Steve Hamley
17-Dec-2008, 16:24
Tom,

Good to have you around. Happy holidays,

Steve

tom thomas
17-Dec-2008, 19:21
Thanx guys,

I didn't intend to drop completely. This is such an interesting forum with a wide variety of topics that I find interesting. I'll never be Amsel Adams but I can dream even with a 6X6 Rollei or my digi-cameras.

Happy holidays to all,

Tom Thomas