PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Norma spare-parts.

Keith Tapscott.
16-Dec-2008, 11:00
I want to replace the spirit levels on my Norma Camera and it also has a scale-plate missing on the front standard for the swing movement. Does anyone know where I could buy these items ?

Struan Gray
16-Dec-2008, 12:00
Bill Orford bought up Sinar UK's stocks of spare parts when Sinar closed the local office. He used to post on APUG and elsewhere online, and had a basic website, but has somewhat dropped off the grid lately so I don't know if he is still active. He still shows up in various online business directories with this address and telephone no:

62 Hythe Road
Swindon
SN1 3NX

01793 695025

Last time I talked to Bill (a couple of years ago I think) he had the Sinar original levels at around £25 or so. If you have the base part of the level, you can buy replacement cylinders to glue onto them on eBay - they crop up all the time on eBay.de, less often on eBay.uk. if you are at all handy it is also possible to drill a small hole and refill dried out levels.

For the angle scale you will need to talk to Bill, or a foreign equivalent, or buy a junk standard on eBay.

Keith Tapscott.
16-Dec-2008, 12:26
Bill Orford bought up Sinar UK's stocks of spare parts when Sinar closed the local office. He used to post on APUG and elsewhere online, and had a basic website, but has somewhat dropped off the grid lately so I don't know if he is still active. He still shows up in various online business directories with this address and telephone no:

62 Hythe Road
Swindon
SN1 3NX

01793 695025

Last time I talked to Bill (a couple of years ago I think) he had the Sinar original levels at around £25 or so. If you have the base part of the level, you can buy replacement cylinders to glue onto them on eBay - they crop up all the time on eBay.de, less often on eBay.uk. if you are at all handy it is also possible to drill a small hole and refill dried out levels.

For the angle scale you will need to talk to Bill, or a foreign equivalent, or buy a junk standard on eBay.
Struan, thanks for that contact address and number. I will phone tomorrow and ask Bill Orford.:D