PDA

View Full Version : Fotoman Viewfinder Size & Optical Quality?

rknewcomb
15-Dec-2008, 11:23
Hello,
I have a couple of questions about the current viewfinder made by Fotoman. The one I'm thinking of I believe is called the 120 degree finder and uses slide in masks for different formats. I want to use it on a 6x9/6x7cm "point & shoot"
1) Does the view through the finder have much barrel distortion?
2) About how big is it physically?
thank you!!

BradS
15-Dec-2008, 15:19
I have one for my Fotoman 45PS. The masks fit to the front of the VF. I guess they finder is about one inch all around or so. Optical quality seems to me to be quite good. I also appreciate the bubble level built into the finder. You can see it in the viewfinder - but it does not intrude into the image area at all...that was a 'surprise and delight!" feature.

Ash
15-Dec-2008, 16:09
I think this is the one I was going to get, and still may. If it's any good I may purchase it to replace the "20mm" russian viewfinder I bought as a stopgap to replace the squinty original on my swc

rknewcomb
15-Dec-2008, 18:10
Thanks for the information. Not having a real life chance to look through one or see what size it is was making me confused about my need for a finder. Some wide angle finders seem to bend the viewed image so badly that I don't care to use them. And with my eyes getting older I need all the help I can get.
Thanks!

BradS
16-Dec-2008, 08:04
Thanks for the information. Not having a real life chance to look through one or see what size it is was making me confused about my need for a finder. Some wide angle finders seem to bend the viewed image so badly that I don't care to use them. And with my eyes getting older I need all the help I can get.
Thanks!

If you're near the S.F. bay area or, Sonora...I'd be happy to let you check it out in person.