PDA

View Full Version : Used equipment in the UK

stepheng98
12-Dec-2008, 08:18
Hello.

Can anyone recommend (apart from Ebay), a dealer in second hand large format equipment in the UK ? I've been searching but can't seem to locate any.

Regards

Stephen Gray

Paul O
12-Dec-2008, 08:23
There are a few but choice is limited! Try:

FFordes
MXV
Teamwork
Mifsuds
Rob Rigby

I personally have bought used equipment from:

FFordes - excellent.
MXV - excellent.

Clive Gray
12-Dec-2008, 10:31
I'd agree than MVX are excellent and very helpful and also add MrCad in Croydon to the list who probably have the largest amount of stock of any of those listed and while prices may be higher the 50% of secondhand stock till 20th December is kind of useful.

It's worth the occasional look at the London Camera Exchange, they don't really deal in large format so you can get the occasional bargain, just use large format as the type criteria to search their site I did this back in the summer and happily got to Reading the next day to look at a "Miscellaneous Sinar P outfit" which turned out to be a P in very clean condition in an Expert case with 150mm and 210mm dbm lenses the sinar shutter and all cables Polaroid back bit of extra rail 10 double darkslides and the wide angle bellows for £699.

My only connection to any of these is as a happy customer.

Pete Watkins
12-Dec-2008, 10:47
Mr Cad carries a large stock. Buyer beware. I am not a happy customer!!!
Pete.

dwhistance
12-Dec-2008, 10:52
I'd recommend Linhof & Studio for secondhand large format equipment.

David Whistance

scrichton
12-Dec-2008, 10:54
I just bought an arca swiss from MXV yesterday and regularly use ffordes.

MXV the guys are really honest with opinions as are ffordes.

I would say MrCad although really good, they tend to price themselves very high in comparison to all others.

For new gear. I can only say robertwhite.co.uk all the way.

Steven

Clive Gray
12-Dec-2008, 10:56
With regard to MrCAD At a guess either people get on or don't get on with the proprietor, I'd just suggest that people get used to his manner as they often bend over backwards to help people, also visiting is best as you can judge condition for yourself and their website is to slow to be worth searching.

Also note the 1/2 price sale with regard to prices