PDA

View Full Version : Phillips Compact II+ & Explorer Questions

xaheadx
10-Dec-2008, 10:04
Hi,

I currently own a Phillips Explorer, and looking to get a Compact II.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which indents on the baseboard are meant for which lens, and for example:

At what point do you have to set the front standard at to focus a 300mm lens on infinity?

Hope someone on here can help
Cheers
Dave

Drew Wiley
10-Dec-2008, 16:30
Where do you expect to find a Phillips camera? Dick Phillips isn't making any more, and
I don't know anyone willing to part with theirs. Anyway, either the second socket back is what would work on my Phillips for a 300.

vinny
10-Dec-2008, 17:02
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300278585602
Don't look here!

xaheadx
11-Dec-2008, 01:29
Drew, thank you for your reply. I know all of what you say, there isn't any need to remind me!

Do you have a Compact or an Explorer - I only ask, so I can make sense of the holes.

I already have sorted a deal on a Compact II trade, should be here by Saturday :-D

Vinny, thanks. I saw that auction, but it has already gone out of my price range so I am sticking with the deal I have going. Plus those bellows just don't look right in my mind.

Drew Wiley
11-Dec-2008, 11:47
I have the original Compact, although I believe the holes in the base are similar to the
Compact II. Congratulations on finding one of these cameras, they're really practical.
Which hole to use depends on the movements, but second or third should do.

jack_hui
11-Dec-2008, 21:08
Hi,

I currently own a Phillips Explorer, and looking to get a Compact II.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which indents on the baseboard are meant for which lens, and for example:

At what point do you have to set the front standard at to focus a 300mm lens on infinity?

Hope someone on here can help
Cheers
Dave

I have the Compact II

I mount the 150XL at the last indents, 240mm at the second last indents, Fuji C300mm at the second indents, and any len longer than 300mm at the first indents

Drew Wiley
11-Dec-2008, 22:25
Jack is apparently counting the holes in the opposite direction I am. I think we are
referring to the same thing.