PDA

View Full Version : First batch of new TXP??

Allen in Montreal
7-Dec-2008, 13:47
I have loaded my holders with the last of my old TXP stock. 2 new boxes are sitting in the fridge waiting.

Must I go through the entire testing process again, or has anyone found a solid short cut formula to move from one to the other?
Even if it means a little tweaking along the way.

I had the old TXP down pat, I hope this is a pleasant transition.

Jan Pedersen
7-Dec-2008, 13:52
Did not even know that there was a new TXP out. Any information about the difference?
Thanks.

jan

IanMazursky
7-Dec-2008, 19:00
IIRC, Kodak did change the notch code a year or so back. They added a square to the code.
When I first saw it, I was loading a drum to scan and I did a double take. I picked up the phone to call my client just to make sure. He only shoots TriX and I thought he switched.

I have noticed a difference in the last couple of years though in my home processing using a PhotoTherm and Tmax dev.
The "Newer" TriX has a weird base color shift after processing, almost greenish purple. This might just be part of my chems and processor??.
The base seems to have more of a retouching tooth on it.

Other than that, it drum scans and processes as well as the boxes ive shot from the last 5 years.

Allen in Montreal
7-Dec-2008, 21:35
Did not even know that there was a new TXP out. Any information about the difference?
Thanks.

jan

New TXP to me means the stuff made after they changed the packaging a few years back (I am guessing?) I tend to buy batches, so I am just hitting this "newer" emulsion now. I see the suggested factory times are pretty far off the old stock, which in my case was 6 1/4 in HC-110 b for N development.