PDA

View Full Version : Forum on FA Photography. Is there such a thing?

Daniel Grenier
3-Dec-2008, 06:55
Indeed is there such a beast as a Forum solely discussing Fine Art Photography (as opposed to the countless "camera" forums). If so, where?

Frank Petronio
3-Dec-2008, 07:14
Wadda mean you don't like discussing the thread pitch of the cable release of a 1952 No. 2 Compur Compound shutter?

I think Aperture has one. They tend to gravitate towards the wordy MFA - Bard Yale crowd. I never found one that was balanced between know-it-all gearheads (blush) and pretentious know-it-all academic "artists".

Daniel Grenier
3-Dec-2008, 10:24
Wadda mean you don't like discussing the thread pitch of the cable release of a 1952 No. 2 Compur Compound shutter?

I think Aperture has one. They tend to gravitate towards the wordy MFA - Bard Yale crowd. I never found one that was balanced between know-it-all gearheads (blush) and pretentious know-it-all academic "artists".

Well, Frank, I could tolerate talkin bout the 1954 model but certainly not the 52!
Ah yes, Aperture. The same Aperture that not so long before his passing Ansel Adams (a founding father of Aperture) called "a sorry mess". I think I'll pass.

What I meant was more of a place for collectors, buyers and sellers of FA Photography but I don't know whether ther is such a thing. Still lookin....