PDA

View Full Version : Center weighted filter for f/4.5 65mm Grandagon

Ellis Vener
4-Jun-2001, 14:28
I've decided I may need a CWF for my 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N. Based on my experience with the 90mm f/4.5 grandagon -N I am inclined to go with the 0.45 strength of the Heliopan CWF, but now I am looking for users feedback on using that strength CWF on the 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N before I whip out the credit card.

So any real world feedback to offer ?

Any reason I should consider the Rodenstock filter dedicated for this lens instead of the Heliopan?

Ellis Vener
4-Jun-2001, 14:30
And: Does anyone know the front attachment size for this filter?

Christopher Campbell
4-Jun-2001, 17:09
Ellis, I recently purchased two Rodenstock lenses, the 55 f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon and the 75 mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N for use with my Arca-Swiss 6x9 camera, and I decided to go ahead and get the Rodenstock Center Filter as well as the 86 mm Lee wide-angle adapter at the same time so that I had it if need arose. Sure enough, when photographing the interior of a new public library last month, my Polaroid prints showed that the slight darkening at the periphery of the image was partially obscuring the pattern of dark-blue letters woven into the medium-blue carpet that was of particular interest to the interior designer on the project. I've not used other center weighted filters, and so can't comment on the .45 density, but it certainly seems a good match for the 55 mm lens and the transparencies I shot worked out extremely well. My Rodenstock literature shows that their filter for the 65/4.5 lens is the 58/77, i.e. 58 x 0.75 filter thread, and 77 mm front attachment thread.