PDA

View Full Version : question about a new lens

coops
29-Nov-2008, 08:35
May be really dumb questions but... I got a used Fujinon 90mm f8. I cannot find a way to open the shutter to compose. Other than the aperture and shutter speed selector, there is a small lever that apparently does not move easily, and I don't want to force it.
Also, there is a lever that allows me to select M, X or V . Don't know what that is for either.

A little guidence would be appreciated.

Cheers

jnantz
29-Nov-2008, 08:40
hi coops

mxv - m ( Magnesium bulbs ) - x ( Xenon (modern) flash ) v ( Vself timer (v is silent ;) ) )

i just put shutter on bulb and lock it open to focus.

Nick_3536
29-Nov-2008, 08:44
Which shutter is it in? Sekio or newer?

coops
29-Nov-2008, 08:46
It,s a Seiko shutter. Putting it on bulb is just too easy. Figured there must be another way lol

Nick_3536
29-Nov-2008, 09:21
There is a view mode. My brain is cramping at the moment -(

I want to say you need to cock the shutter and then move the viewing lever. But unless I take one of my Siekos out and look we're counting on my memory. The hands are better then the brain -)

Gene McCluney
29-Nov-2008, 09:30
I cannot find a way to open the shutter to compose. Other than the aperture and shutter speed selector, there is a small lever that apparently does not move easily, and I don't want to force it.
A little guidence would be appreciated.

Cheers

It's that small lever that doesn't want to move easily. You may have to cock the shutter to move the lever, but it will open up the shutter blades for focusing.

Colin Graham
29-Nov-2008, 09:35
On some Seikos you do have to cock the shutter first, then flip the preview lever.

paul08
29-Nov-2008, 09:56
Yes. Cock the shutter, then pull the lever straight out.

coops
29-Nov-2008, 10:16
Yes. Cock the shutter, then pull the lever straight out.

That got it.

Thanks for the response