PDA

View Full Version : Which lens should I choose?

coops
25-Nov-2008, 19:20
I have a Tachy 4x5 camera with a 150mm lens and would like to get a wider lens. This is purely a hobby and need to keep the price down as much as possible. The following lenses are being considered, and I was hoping someone had experience with them and could give feedback.
The first is a 90mm f8 Super Angulon sinar for $254, and the other is a 90mmf8 Fujinon sw Seiko B, for $300.

Both are dinged a little, but the glass is in great shape.
Any advice and/or suggestions welcome, cheers.

Walter Calahan
25-Nov-2008, 19:51
When I started with my Tachy back in 1985, I started with a 150 mm.

The next lens I got was a 90 mm f/8 Super Angulon. I still have it. The Fujinon lens is great. I have Fujinon lenses and love them. You won't go wrong with either lens as long at the glass is good.

Can you test the shutters of each to determine which is most accurate. I'd buy the one with the best functioning shutter.

coops
25-Nov-2008, 19:58
When I started with my Tachy back in 1985, I started with a 150 mm.

The next lens I got was a 90 mm f/8 Super Angulon. I still have it. The Fujinon lens is great. I have Fujinon lenses and love them. You won't go wrong with either lens as long at the glass is good.

Can you test the shutters of each to determine which is most accurate. I'd buy the one with the best functioning shutter.

The store say they are both accurate. Thaks for the response.

Kirk Fry
25-Nov-2008, 22:00
If the SA has a copal shutter for for it. Providing it works of course. The Seiko is fine if it is clean and works but long out of production. K