PDA

View Full Version : Modifying a Crown Graphic Camera

Robert Brummitt
20-Nov-2008, 19:24
Hey there.
I was told and read somewhere that you can reverse the tilt of the front standard of a crown graphic. The standard tilts backwards I just want it to go forward.
Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Frank Petronio
20-Nov-2008, 19:41
Unscrew the screws that hold the lensboard retaining clips, remove the blind nuts and the bellows will pop off. Pull the front standard forward and off the track. Turn it around. Rinse and repeat.

Michael Graves
20-Nov-2008, 20:15
Frank, why are you telling him to rinse his Crown. Isn't that why you had to sell yours? Or was it too much fabric softener?

Greg Lockrey
20-Nov-2008, 20:27
Frank, why are you telling him to rinse his Crown. Isn't that why you had to sell yours? Or was it too much fabric softener?

:D :D :D

Kevin Crisp
20-Nov-2008, 20:39
It does tilt forward the way it is. You drop the bed, then you raise the lens to the top of the standard. The lens will now be tilting forward because the bed is tilting forward. So you loosen the knobs for what seems like rear tilt with the bed in the normal position, and you find you can regulate the amount of front tilt resulting from the bed drop by tilting the lens backwards. I'm not sure I explained that extremely well but I hope you understand it.

I figured this out not too long ago after using one for longer than I'll admit without noticing this capability.

Frank Petronio
20-Nov-2008, 22:03
In that case a cheap degree level is very useful for finding parallel.