PDA

View Full Version : How to enlarge 6x12 negs

Karl Beath
15-Jul-2001, 17:27
Hello

I need to know which enlarger could I use, or perhaps the question is how to enl arge 6x12 negs to a max size of 60x120cm pints. I have a DurstM67 which is setu p for 35mm and I produce 40x50cm prints. I have an option of buying a second ha nd Durst Laborito L1200 and trading my present equipment. I am now shooting 6x7 and therefore need to upgrade my enlarger, but wish to also start shooting 6x12 , hence the mentioned enlarger. This enlerger however only does a max of 50x70 cm prints,and it appears that you can't reverse the column around to project ont o the floor.

Please help.

Thanks Karl

Micah Marty
15-Jul-2001, 17:47
Actually, it looks to me like you can easily reverse the column on an L1200, at least on more recent versions. The column on newer L1200's is secured from below by 5 bolts running vertically through a thick metal plate and then through the baseboard into the column, with the five bolts in a symmetrical pattern on the metal plate (one in each corner, one in the center). Perhaps the L1200 you're considering buying has a different anchor bolt pattern? Note that if you do reverse the column, you'll want to park a small car or something on the baseboard to offset the weight of the reversed column and head....

<><>

John Hicks
15-Jul-2001, 17:51
While you could reverse-mount the Durst column, the proper way to do it is to wa ll-mount it and use a drop-table. Wall-mounting has the other advantage of stabi lizing the column at both the top and bottom.

Steve Clark
15-Jul-2001, 19:34
What about projecting on a wall?

Paul Schilliger
16-Jul-2001, 12:51
I had a Laborator 54 and in order to add stabillity and allow for larger prints, I skipped the table base and welded together a wall support with incremental column and arms. I simply used r ectangular tubes and arms destined to shop shelves. With the Rodagon WA 120, I could have made enlargement s the size you want, although my color processing device was capable of only 50x100 cm. I went digita l since.