PDA

View Full Version : how to use large format lens for Mamiya or Hassel

Eiiti Kasuya
28-May-2001, 10:49
I have several lens (Nikon, Fujinon and Schneider) for 4x5 field camera. I hope to use them for Mamiya645 or Hasselblad camera body. Please suggest possible adapters.

I have a bellows for Mamiya645 (but I have not that for Hasselblad.)

E. Kasuya email ekasuscb@mbox.nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp

Stewart Ethier
28-May-2001, 13:53
Zorkendorfer makes adaptors to use MF lenses on 35mm, but I don't know of any such adaptors to use LF lenses on MF. But let's suppose you can find one. With your Mamiya 645 bellows you could focus, at least for some focal lengths. Then you'd close the shutter of the LF lens, open the focal plane shutter of the Mamiya using the T setting, and shoot. Without a bellows it would be difficult to focus, unless a focussing mechanism was built into the mount. Of course you'd be losing some of the advantages of MF, such as automatic exposure, and you might be better off buying a 6x7cm roll-film back for your 4x5.

andrea milano
28-May-2001, 14:34
Many people have produced in the past and at present still do produce adapters in the form of tubes in order to mount large format lenses on medium format a typical example is the use of the "Imagon" lenses (Mamya had also a sort of "official" adaptation for this famous "soft" lens, However apart from the Genius Mr. Steve Grimes I should try to find the address of a famous Italian repair shop "Benatti" they were famous among many things also for this!

David F. Stein
28-May-2001, 14:43
Take a look here for many ideas: http://digilander.iol.it/clabo/flexpen/

td
29-May-2001, 01:21
<HTML> You should take a look at Horseman's View Camera Converter (http://www.horsemanusa.com/pd_frame032.html). It's expensive, but it looks like the only thing that will work right. </HTML>

heidis
30-May-2001, 12:14
Go to www.zoerk.com, then see "Pro Shift Adapter" on their products page. This is an adapter that will allow view camera lenses (they suggest 120-180mm lenses) on Mamiya 645, Hasselblad, and other medium format cameras, and allow tilt and shift movements.

Regards, Danny Burk www.dannyburk.com