PDA

View Full Version : Michael Smith/Paula Chamlee Exhibit in SF

Merg Ross
26-Oct-2008, 09:04
Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee will be exhibiting their work at Gallery 291 in San Francisco. Opening reception is this Thursday (10/30).

http://www.gallery291.net/index.cfm?action=event.display&id=5&thisPageNum=1

Allen in Montreal
26-Oct-2008, 11:23
Merg,

If you attend can you report back for those of us who can not?

Do you know how things worked out for them in Chicago?

Allen

Merg Ross
26-Oct-2008, 12:18
Allen,

I often see them when they come this way and will probably attend the opening. I rarely attend openings, but this may be an exception. I'll ask about the Chicago experience, if appropriate, and let you know.

Richard Wasserman
26-Oct-2008, 14:04
Merg,

Do you know how things worked out for them in Chicago?

Allen

I would rather let Michael and Paula speak for themselves, but they did get a lot of work done. I saw some of it a few days ago and it is stunning!

Allen in Montreal
26-Oct-2008, 16:17
...... but they did get a lot of work done. I saw some of it a few days ago and it is stunning!

That is great news, thank you.

Allen in Montreal
26-Oct-2008, 17:01
Allen,

I often see them when they come this way and will probably attend the opening. I rarely attend openings, but this may be an exception. I'll ask about the Chicago experience, if appropriate, and let you know.

Understandable, I am very happy to hear they managed to produce some great images despite the stress of the rocky beginning.

Michael A. Smith
26-Oct-2008, 18:04
I see Merg Ross beat us to making this announcement.

You are invited to an exhibition of photographs by Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee and a reception for the artists at the beautiful new Gallery 291 in San Francisco.

When: Thursday, October 30, 6-9 p.m.
Where: Gallery 291 at 291 Geary Street; phone: 415-291-9001
Featured: Many large platinum prints from Iceland; Michael's are printed one meter long on Arches Platine; Paula's are printed 24x30 inches on translucent Taizan--a handmade Japanese paper.

Also on exhibition will be silver chloride contact prints.

The exhibition continues until December 31, and books by both artists will be available for sale.

Michael A. Smith

Tony Karnezis
26-Oct-2008, 20:01
Wouldn't miss it. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Tracy Storer
31-Oct-2008, 17:19
Went.
M+P look well, the work is great, the big Platinum prints are stunning. There is also a selection of silver / contact prints from both of them from other than the Iceland series.
It's a new gallery that opened it's doors just this March, nice space and an interesting roster of artists. Only a three block walk from Powell St. BART too.
Highly recommended.