PDA

View Full Version : Custom Wood Frames from the Internet

Stephen Willard
25-Oct-2008, 14:34
In response to my customers request that I frame my prints with wood frames, I am consider these two companies for custom cut wood frames:

www.framesbymail.com
www.eframe.net/shop/products.asp

Has any body purchased frames from these companies? The frames are shipped unassembled. Both companies use some kind of pegging system and some glue that I would provide to join the corners. Has anyone have any used their joint system?

Do you know of another internet companies that offers custom frames?

vinny
25-Oct-2008, 14:38
american frame.com sells custom frames of all sorts. The wooden frames come assembled.

Ash
25-Oct-2008, 14:40
Sell unframed, leave the framing to the client. I don't think I'd like to take responsibility for adding an extra framing charge on top only for the person to tell me they don't like the decorum.

Bill L.
25-Oct-2008, 14:42
We've done well with Florida Frames (Floridaframes.com). I've ordered up to 24x36 wood frames which are shipped assembled. I can't remember the exact size, but that is close to the limit that they ship assembled - anything larger and they ship them unassembled with pegs (haven't tried it though).

Cheers!
Bill

Stephen Willard
25-Oct-2008, 15:31
The problem with big wood frames assembled is that they are expensive to ship.

ASRafferty
25-Oct-2008, 16:01
That's why my husband bought 40 of them at once (from Tara Frames), assorted, anything he might ever possibly think of using... and why I now have a garage full of them.

Anyone?

If not, I may have to use them to build a patio or something.

lloyd
26-Oct-2008, 05:46
Small Corp. for museum quality plain wood frames with stetcher or welded metal frames.

Jeff Graves
26-Oct-2008, 07:32
Stephan,
Being that you are located in Ft. Collins I would suggest using Colorado Frame Mfg. I've been using numerous suppliers and am very pleased to have found these guys. Check them out at www.colorframe.com or call Pat at 970 493-5966.

Peter Latner
26-Oct-2008, 09:54
These folks are very good to work with--good quality, reasonably priced, lots of options (assembled, unassembled, etc.).

http://www.metroframe.com

Stephen Willard
26-Oct-2008, 13:00
Stephan,
Being that you are located in Ft. Collins I would suggest using Colorado Frame Mfg. I've been using numerous suppliers and am very pleased to have found these guys. Check them out at www.colorframe.com or call Pat at 970 493-5966.

Jeff, I just checked out their prices, and they are very reasonable, and amazingly, they are in Fort Collins. I think I will stop in tomorrow and see the real stuff in person. Thanks for the tip.

Stephen Willard
27-Oct-2008, 09:49
I would like to thank those who commented with there suggestions. I have been investigating all of the leads noted here.

Thanks again..