PDA

View Full Version : Ilfosol S nonstandard dilution

Roman
23-Oct-2008, 09:39
Hello,

I wish to try inverse devlopment in Jobo drum but it takes 1.5L per tank which is alot.
I have Delta 100 and Ilfosol S and wonder if it's possible to use higher dillution that 1:14.

Anyone tried 1:28 or 1:56 or maybe 1:90 as a multiplication of 1:9?

Any tips according development times? The best for Delta 100, but will accept any other for references.

I suppouse it's not linear function?

Best regards,
R.

dsphotog
23-Oct-2008, 10:15
Those tanks a best used in a rotary processor. Some use a Beseler or Unicolor motor base.If that is not available,
some people roll them back& forth on a countertop. Kind of a pain but, will save a lot of chem.
Ilford specifies 1:9 or 1:14 for ilfosol S dev.
David Silva
Modesto, Ca

Roman
23-Oct-2008, 10:32
Those tanks a best used in a rotary processor.
some people roll them back& forth on a countertop. Kind of a pain but, will save a lot of chem.

Yeah, I know. Don't have a motor yet, but I made some board with the wheels
to rotate the tank. The problem is that negative developed that way is very uneven.
One end is overdeveloped when the other is underdeveloped... I loaded the tank with emulsion toward outside of tank [not the centre].

Now I wish to try inversion to make sure my development procedure is really wrong, it's the holder or something else...

Putting this aside: I've head people dilute ilfosol above 1:14 to get acutation [not sure the spelling, sorry] results. Just like rodinal.

So my question is still valid: any tips regarding time vs dillution?

Regards,
R.

dsphotog
23-Oct-2008, 10:50
Sorry I don't have any info on that dev. dilution.
Is the tank level?
Which drum are you using? the expert 3005, 3006,3010, load emulsion side up...facing the inside of the tube.