PDA

View Full Version : whole plate film storage

Hollis
22-Oct-2008, 21:05
Hey all,

I was just wondering how you store whole plate film? Do you just use 8x10 sleeves? I am worried that the motion of the film in the sleeve would scratch it. Any other options? I do like to use binders for my film, just works for me.

Hollis

dwross
26-Oct-2008, 20:41
Hi Hollis.

I use a Clear Bag, size #B610 (6-13/16 x 10") cut down a bit. It's not 'perfect' but it's the best I've found, and the price is right. I'm not sure how it would work with a binder. Maybe drop it into an 8x10 punched sleeve?

http://www.clearbags.com/?category|BAGS2

Denise

Oren Grad
26-Oct-2008, 20:56
I use 8x10 polypropylene fold-lock sleeves which I store in boxes. I don't worry about the extra space; I don't handle them that much anyway.

For storage in binders, I suppose you could insert the sleeves into three-hole 8.5x11 pocket pages, and held in that sort of sandwich the negative itself probably wouldn't move much in normal handling.

Scott Davis
27-Oct-2008, 06:03
I'm using PrintFile 8x10 negative pages. There's some slop, sure, but like Oren, they don't get handled a lot, so I figure they'll be fine.

Hollis
28-Oct-2008, 19:59
thanks all. I was thinking that maybe you could get some 8x10 sleeves and then use a sealing iron (dry press even, if you were careful) to melt the two layers together at the width needed so it wouldn't have room to float around.