PDA

View Full Version : Kardan ST Colour ?

Chris Dunham
22-Oct-2008, 20:11
Is it possible to fit a 5x7 rear standard to a Kardan ST Colour or is there a back which takes the Kardan from a 4x5 to 5x7 ?

Thanks folks,

Chris.

svlindbe
22-Oct-2008, 23:29
The Kardan Super Color ST has a fixed bellows (glued to the standards), so it is not designed to have a format change possibility (not for bigger formats, that is!). That said, it would be possible to rebuild the camera, but not easy. This would require quite a level of engineering and skill.

I think Horseman made a frame to mount behind the back standard to enlarge the format. Something along that route might be possible, but supposedly only for modest bellows draws. I suppose the opening in the back standard would be the limiting factor when the lens is further away from the film. Any experiences with this kind of device?

Svein Lindberg

Chris Dunham
23-Oct-2008, 00:34
The Kardan Super Color ST has a fixed bellows (glued to the standards), so it is not designed to have a format change possibility (not for bigger formats, that is!). That said, it would be possible to rebuild the camera, but not easy. This would require quite a level of engineering and skill.

I think Horseman made a frame to mount behind the back standard to enlarge the format. Something along that route might be possible, but supposedly only for modest bellows draws. I suppose the opening in the back standard would be the limiting factor when the lens is further away from the film. Any experiences with this kind of device?

Svein Lindberg

Hi Svein,

Thanks for the reply and info. It appears that I've mislead you re the model as the Kardan I'm looking at has a bellows that unclips (the front and rear standards can also be rotated to align with the rail for ease of transportation).

Chris.

Bob Salomon
23-Oct-2008, 02:46
The Kardan Standard was a 45 camera only. It can not be converted.

Frank Petronio
23-Oct-2008, 05:41
Duct tape and Bondo!

Chris Dunham
23-Oct-2008, 18:25
Duct tape and Bondo!

Hi Frank,

Yep, looks like I'll have to graft a rear standard to the existing set up - could be fun.

Chris.