PDA

View Full Version : Velvia Color in Lightroom 2

45photo
17-Oct-2008, 08:03
I was able to make an action in Photoshop and found the steps on the internet to get Velvia like color. Was wondering is there a way to make that Photoshop action work in Lightroom 2? Or does anyone have the steps to getting Velvia color in Lightroom so I can make a preset?

Thanks
Marko

45photo
17-Oct-2008, 08:20
Well, I did some google searches before and came up with nothing. Until just a few minutes ago. Found a cool site that has a whole bunch of presets which are good starting points. Would still like to hear what other people might have as well?

http://inside-lightroom.com/colour-presets/

Marko

dwhistance
17-Oct-2008, 09:37
Why not just use the real thing? :) No need for any actions!

David Whistance

45photo
17-Oct-2008, 09:40
I have used the real thing. This is just another tool that I'm trying to figure out

dwhistance
17-Oct-2008, 10:06
Best of luck. I've used Roger Cavanagh's Velvia Variations script/actions on occasion in PS for digital images but haven't seen anything for Lightroom. It might be worth emailing him as he may have something for Lightroom.

David Whistance

QT Luong
17-Oct-2008, 14:53
To begin with, what is your source ? Making velvia-like color starting from astia is very different from starting with neg film, and even more different from digi. And of course each digital camera is different.

Kuzano
18-Oct-2008, 09:55
The FS on the back end stands for Film Simulation. Also, for some time Fuji digitals have had a chrome setting which increases saturation. I believe the model is Fuji's OWN Velvia.

45photo
19-Oct-2008, 10:59
To begin with, what is your source ? Making velvia-like color starting from astia is very different from starting with neg film, and even more different from digi. And of course each digital camera is different.

Starting from a digital file from a Nikon D200. Just looking for something in the ballpark....