PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 45N Lens Boards

Mike Rolfe
16-Oct-2008, 04:52
Hi all,

I'm trying to source a couple of undrilled lens boards for the Chamonix 45N.
I've tried to order some via the website but haven't had a reply to my request.
Does anyone know of any other brands that work with the 45N?

Cheers

Mike

Jeff Bannow
16-Oct-2008, 08:01
Mike,

It takes the technika / wista style boards. Preferably with a center drilled hole instead of the offset hole some boards have.

On the big auction site, there is a seller called jinfinance who offers 3 knock-off technika boards for $50 shipped. You can get them undrilled if you want, or with 00, 0, 1 or 3 sized holes. Specify center drilled and he will provide them.

D. Bryant
16-Oct-2008, 08:41
Hi all,

I'm trying to source a couple of undrilled lens boards for the Chamonix 45N.
I've tried to order some via the website but haven't had a reply to my request.
Does anyone know of any other brands that work with the 45N?

Cheers

Mike
Try Badger Graphic, I purchased my Shen Hao boards there but they were pre-drilled. Call Jeff and see if they sell blanks,

Don Bryant

George Hofmann
18-Oct-2008, 20:05
On the big auction site, there is a seller called jinfinance who offers 3 knock-off technika boards for $50 shipped. You can get them undrilled if you want, or with 00, 0, 1 or 3 sized holes. Specify center drilled and he will provide them.

I ordered a center drilled board from this guy. It never came and he is not returning my emails. Beware.

George

Peter De Smidt
18-Oct-2008, 20:47
I recommend checking with Jeff at Badger Graphics as well. He will probably be cheaper, and he's very reputable and helpful.

xmishx
18-Oct-2008, 20:58
Why are centered drilled boards preferred over the offset?

Ted

Jeff Bannow
19-Oct-2008, 18:59
The Chamonix is designed to take center drilled boards. Offset boards require you to use front rise all the time to adjust for that, decreasing the total amount of available rise and is a bit annoying as well.

Kirk Gittings
19-Oct-2008, 21:23
The Chamonix is designed to take center drilled boards. Offset boards require you to use front rise all the time to adjust for that, decreasing the total amount of available rise and is a bit annoying as well.

Most of the offset drilled boards I have bought were drilled above center. This effectively increases the amount of rise right? Which is why allot of architectural photographers prefer them as rises are used much more often than falls.