PDA

View Full Version : Fuji c-550 Lanovia- I need advice!

yahozna
14-Oct-2008, 05:03
Hello Forum,

I´m a newbie here and my decision to become a member is just because I bought a Fuji c-550 Lanovia flatbed scanner with an old G3+original software and masks etc.etc., and got some problems to manage some strange visual results I got. Normal Photos seems to be scanned well, but the results with Negatives are very bad. I´ve got the pics on the G3 and will take them as an Example later on this thread.
I´m a little bit frustrated bec. of the results...the diagnostic tests don´t work, because of errors in getting the information through the scsi card, back to the G3. Then maybe my greatest mistake- I took a little fine-oil on the mechanic rails...after that, the stripes are gone, but I have to except some dust on the oil film, so it won´t be working long for good I think. Many more questions about the different types of scan filters I have to use to get the best scans and I´m not sure about the percent and the l/mm ranges. It would be fine to find someone who uses this heavy beast to give me some advice. I´d be thankful for every tip I got!

OK, so far, the pics will come in a hour or so.

Greetings:)

Lars

yahozna
14-Oct-2008, 08:56
so, here are the examples:

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/pcat/440371/display/14605814

and

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/pcat/440371/display/14605860

some ideas??

Greetings

Lars

yahozna
14-Oct-2008, 11:27
Hm, no ideas? I´ve thought the Images would gain some. I´m a member of the large format photographic forum germany, maybe I should ask them too.

Peter De Smidt
14-Oct-2008, 19:29
Try the yahoo high end scan group.

yahozna
14-Oct-2008, 21:12
Hi Peter,

I did, but got no answers at all. Finally I find two guys in the german forum who had some good informations about the prob.

Thank you

Lars

Peter De Smidt
14-Oct-2008, 21:36
Good. I'm glad you found some info. That's not a very common scanner in the US. Other than the Flaar report, I haven't seen much info on them.

yahozna
15-Oct-2008, 11:14
Hi Peter,

I´m not sure about the flaar reports about this scanner- look a little bit promoted to me.
I´d be glad to see this thing work as it should:-)

Thank you for interest!:)

Lars