PDA

View Full Version : shen hao 5x4 Field Camera (HZ45AII)

sould
13-Oct-2008, 16:13
thinking about buying this camera for £579. it would be my first large format camera, anyone had one or any experience of one?

seems to be a decent camera to get into large format

thanks in advance

ricky

paul08
13-Oct-2008, 16:28
You might want to take a look at the thread below:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=41669

John Kasaian
13-Oct-2008, 17:24
ricky,
I'm not sure what chinese exchange rates and import duties are in your country, but unless the dollar is catching up with the pound, the price seems kind of high to me, unless it comes with a lens.

Scott Davis
14-Oct-2008, 05:43
That price had better include a lens. I bought mine (granted almost a decade ago) for $500 USD, but the price hasn't changed much in that time.

That said, it's a terrific little camera, and very easy to work with. I highly recommend it as a beginner camera, because you can use it for a very long time without outgrowing it.

gari beet
14-Oct-2008, 06:57
We pay roughly Pound for Dollar here folks, if its availble in the States for $500 it will be around £500 over here. I have found that it is often cheaper to buy from the US, even with duty etc. Can be a hassle waiting for stuff too clear customs, not often in my experience mind.

Gari

mealers
14-Oct-2008, 12:39
Ricky

That does seem a ted expensive if it is just for the camera.
I bought my Shen Hao TZ45A-II for about £500 from Robert White, you could even buy a Chamonix for £480 shipped!

I bought my Shen Hao as a starter for LF but it does everything I need and more. I nearly went for the HZ45A-II but as I do alot of walking I decided to pay the extra and get the lighter camera.

Mike