PDA

View Full Version : 45AX Newbie question

forthmedia
9-Oct-2008, 08:19
Just received my TOYO 45AX and looking forward to exploring LF photography. Thanks a lot to this forum and especially the main site which helped me with figuring things out. Speaking of figuring things out, I have what is probably a stupid question about the TOYO. I have purchased TOYO double cut film holders. I'm assuming that you just spring back the GG and slide them underneath - the manual is extremely inscrutable about this. It just seems that with a lot of use this is rather wear-and-tear prone. Maybe someone can put me right or just put my mind at rest. I had asearch of the forums but didn't turn anything up

Thanks

Richard

Brian Ellis
9-Oct-2008, 08:30
"I'm assuming that you just spring back the GG and slide them underneath - the manual is extremely inscrutable about this."

Yes, that's what you do.

Ralph Barker
9-Oct-2008, 08:58
The Toyo revolving backs have a small lever on one side to lift the insertion end of the back. The reversible backs, however, don't have the lever. The 45AX comes standard with the reversible back, and the price (compared to the AII) is reflective of that.

Paul Bujak
9-Oct-2008, 09:49
I don't think you have to worry about the wear and tear factor. My 45A has had hundreds (thousands?) of holders inserted and removed and I do not see signs of wear. Just don't slam them in and out.

forthmedia
9-Oct-2008, 10:12
Wow - thanks everyone for the quick responses. And the reassurances. I suspect I might be back with a few more as I start to get my feet wet

Cheers

Richard