PDA

View Full Version : polaroid reciprocity failure chart

spiky247
9-Oct-2008, 07:32
Dear Large Formaters

Does anyone know where I can find an exposure compensation chart of long exposures on Fuji FP-100C Polaroid film? I often shoot exposures longer than 2min, and it seems like the reciprocity curve is quite steep.

------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliexia

D. Bryant
9-Oct-2008, 17:00
Dear Large Formaters

Does anyone know where I can find an exposure compensation chart of long exposures on Fuji FP-100C Polaroid film? I often shoot exposures longer than 2min, and it seems like the reciprocity curve is quite steep.

------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliexia

Wish I could help with the reciprocity info. I assume you have checked with Fuji.

Your work shown on Flickr is excellent and quite extensive. Kudos!

Don Bryant

Greg Lockrey
9-Oct-2008, 17:06
I don't know how accurate this is but I've been using measurements from 10-50 seconds I multiply by by 5 and over 50 seconds I multiply by 12. Seems to work.

spiky247
10-Oct-2008, 00:06
Thanks guys! I've checked on the Fuji website, but it lists reciprocity down to 16s. with large format and center filters i can easily get exposure times in the 8min region. i'll try your method out Greg and report back! I wonder if anyone has ever done a proper reciprocity test on these polaroids.

David A. Goldfarb
10-Oct-2008, 03:43
They probably just don't recommend it, because you start to get color shifts with these materials as the exposure gets longer. They're really designed mainly for strobes and short exposures. Of course, if you test it, you can filter for the color shift, but then exposure will be even longer, and it could end in a tail chasing exercise.

Paul Kierstead
10-Oct-2008, 08:17
How bad is the colour shift with the Fuji? I use Type 79 some and it colour shifts horribly on even moderately slow shots (even 1/4s). I only use it in daylight or with strobes. My stock will run out soon...

Scott Davis
10-Oct-2008, 13:23
Yeah- the original Polaroid materials had absolutely no reciprocity tolerance whatsoever. I think they recommended nothing slower than 1/10th of a second.