PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika 6x9, 6x7 Super Rollex back

Alan Morton
8-Oct-2008, 12:13
I have a baby Linhof Technika III, c.1953, .....do the latest Super Rollex backs fit this early model?

I use darkslides at the moment, but have the opportunity to purchase a near new 6x7 Super Rollex back.

Thank you.
Alan
-----------

Peter K
8-Oct-2008, 12:47
The latest Super Rollex backs are for 4x5" cameras. But backs for 6x9 cameras where aviable. If the Super Rollex you could buy have the same circular dovetail as the back of your Technika III 6x9, they will fit. But if the Super Rollex has a flat mounting plate it's for 4x5" cameras.

Alan Morton
8-Oct-2008, 12:57
Thank you Peter,
It is a 2x3 back for certain, ...I was concerned that the new'ish Super Rollex, might not have the identical spigot dimensions to my Technika III, (...actually C.1955, close to the Model IV release.)

Peter K
8-Oct-2008, 13:17
There where special Super Rollex backs for the "Press 70" camera aviable. This backs have no transportation lever but a toothed wheel to connect the transportation systems of camera and back. This backs don't fit to your Technika III, but all the other backs for 6x9 cameras will fit also to your T III.

But the safest and easiest way, take your camera with you and try the back on your camera.

Alan Morton
8-Oct-2008, 13:28
Your quite correct Peter,
unfortunately the Super Rollex is in Australia, and me and my Technika are in New Zealand.
But since the back is not a Super Rollex back for the "Press 70", and it is definately
2x3 size, is it Safe to say it Must fit?

Peter K
8-Oct-2008, 13:37
Ask the seller for an image of the Super Rollex. Specially from the mounting flange. Look for the circular dovetail and there is no toothed wheel but the transportation lever at the other side. Than you can use it with your Technika III 6x9.

Alan Morton
8-Oct-2008, 13:45
Thank you Peter,
I much appreciatte your help.
Regards
Alan
http://www.alanmorton.co.nz/
--------