PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CT/APUG!

AutumnJazz
7-Oct-2008, 14:32
Hello everyone. I'm in CT and I come from APUG. Why? Well, I want to venture into LF. So far I've decided on a Zone VI 4x5 with a Schneider 110mm and 210mm (and a Sekonic L-508). I'm saving up for it, so I should hopefully be able to finally take the plunge in January.

I'm currently a high school student and avid 35mm shooter (which isn't going to change anytime soon :P ). I love film, and I hope I'll love 4x5.

This website looks like an extremely useful resource. :)

Jazz

Ash
7-Oct-2008, 14:44
You can wait til January? Get stuck in now! Borrow a camera!

climbabout
7-Oct-2008, 14:44
Hello back from a fellow apugger and a fellow CT resident.
Tim

John Kasaian
7-Oct-2008, 14:52
Welcome aboard!

walter23
14-Oct-2008, 15:28
You could also buy a couple of film holders & a cigar box and make a pinhole camera to mess with in the meantime if you want to play with LF film. I used black felt to line the edges of the film holder side, and use rubber bands to secure the film holder up against the back of the camera, on mine.

Lots of ideas over at f295.org, though once you see how the film holder works construction of a simple box pinhole camera should present itself to you pretty quickly (ultra wide / short focal length is better, in terms of image sharpness).

tim810
14-Oct-2008, 20:34
Where In CT? There are occasional outings in CT that would be a great way for you to see the process and use a camera. I am always willing to go shooting if I have time.

Tim

Skorzen
14-Oct-2008, 21:12
Welcome from a sometimes MA resident

Greg Lockrey
14-Oct-2008, 21:35
You could also buy a couple of film holders & a cigar box and make a pinhole camera to mess with in the meantime if you want to play with LF film. I used black felt to line the edges of the film holder side, and use rubber bands to secure the film holder up against the back of the camera, on mine.

Lots of ideas over at f295.org, though once you see how the film holder works construction of a simple box pinhole camera should present itself to you pretty quickly (ultra wide / short focal length is better, in terms of image sharpness).

This is a very good idea on getting into large format. ;) ;)