PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Jon Shiu!

John Kasaian
3-Oct-2008, 14:28
The Big Fresno Fair: Parking $5, adult admission $8, hot link $6, seeing a couple of ribbons on some landscape photographs exhibited by somebody whose name you recognize from this forum---priceless!

Geary Lyons
3-Oct-2008, 14:41
I have had the pleasure of seeing John's great images "up close and personal". They have never failed to impress and delight!

Congrats Jon!
Cheers,
Geary

roteague
3-Oct-2008, 14:48
He is pretty good .... for a B&W kind of guy. :p

Turner Reich
3-Oct-2008, 16:25
Fantastic and compliments to Jon.

Allen in Montreal
3-Oct-2008, 17:01
He is pretty good .... for a B&W kind of guy. :p

Ouch! :)

roteague
3-Oct-2008, 17:14
Ouch! :)

I'm just kidding ...... Jon's work is fantastic!!! I couldn't begin to do work like his.

matthew blais
3-Oct-2008, 17:17
Kudos Jon...

Jon Shiu
3-Oct-2008, 18:19
Thanks guys! I had fun entering some black and white silver gelatin prints. I think I won a trophy and $220. I noticed, though, that the niece's color pics of her pet cats had a lot bigger crowd around them than my B&W!

Jon

Merg Ross
3-Oct-2008, 18:30
Jon, your work deserves the attention that it is receiving.

Congratulations!

Toyon
3-Oct-2008, 18:33
The Big Fresno Fair: Parking $5, adult admission $8, hot link $6, seeing a couple of ribbons on some landscape photographs exhibited by somebody whose name you recognize from this forum---priceless!

What is this thread about?

John Kasaian
3-Oct-2008, 18:57
What is this thread about?

It is about Jon Shiu winning a photography competition at The Big Fresno Fair with some really cool landscapes!:)

Allen in Montreal
3-Oct-2008, 19:17
I'm just kidding ...... Jon's work is fantastic!!! I couldn't begin to do work like his.

As a bug B+W fan, I was kidding with you too roteague, no worries.

Congrats Jon.
But never under estimate the drawing power of vibrate colors or a cute Kitty! :)

" I noticed, though, that the niece's color pics of her pet cats had a lot bigger crowd around them than my B&W!"

Jim Fitzgerald
3-Oct-2008, 20:14
Jon, this is great. Can't wait to see some of your work in person.

Jim

Jon Shiu
4-Oct-2008, 16:20
Attached is one of the pics

Jon

Jim Fitzgerald
4-Oct-2008, 18:45
Jon, thanks for posting this image again. This should keep the doubters quiet! This is an amazing image. One of the best I have seen.

Jim