PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy a new Chamonix 4x5 " ?

eivind
2-Oct-2008, 10:32
I have just decided to buy the Chamonix 4x5". It is said to cost around 700 USD new, possibly a bit more. But where will I find it ?
Btw.I live in Norway, Europe, so I can't fly over to join your local store :(

Carioca
2-Oct-2008, 11:07
I have just decided to buy the Chamonix 4x5". It is said to cost around 700 USD new, possibly a bit more. But where will I find it ?
Btw.I live in Norway, Europe, so I can't fly over to join your local store :(

Why don't you contact the company?
They ship international:

www.chamonixviewcamera.com

eivind
2-Oct-2008, 11:17
:) ! !

Vaughn
2-Oct-2008, 11:22
Camera description and price...

http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/45.html

And on the site under FAQ, they say how to order one.

Vaughn

Dennis Mollura
2-Oct-2008, 16:02
Contact Hugo Zhang, who's all over this website.

Received mine Oct. 1, right on schedule. You will find Hugo great to deal with.

Current price is $778 minus lens board plus shipping.

NonFiction
6-Oct-2008, 23:03
Note that there are apparently new ones available for immediate purchase at ebay: item # 370091453049 . I have just become interested in this camera. No connection to the seller whatsoever. Good luck.

eivind
7-Oct-2008, 08:09
looks like there will be new updates to this camera.. anyone know what it will be, except for two models ?

butterflydream
7-Oct-2008, 11:17
PM to Hugo here.

For options: If you consider ultra-light outfit I recommend their lens board made of carbon fiber composite. It weighs like feather and yet rigid. Good buy for that price. I bought 135mm Sironar and 180mm Fujinon to match the lens board!

Leather wrap is another recommendation.

You don't need to think about melamine milk with Chamonix. The quality is like ancient Chinese artifacts.

Eric James
7-Oct-2008, 11:23
looks like there will be new updates to this camera.. anyone know what it will be, except for two models ?

We were told in the Spring that there would be a 4X5 with a longer bellows extension. I requested info on this over a month ago through the website and have heard nothing. Business must be good.

venchka
8-Oct-2008, 06:10
Check the For Sale Forum right here. Technically, not totally new. Availability is nearly instant.