PDA

View Full Version : Graflex_ RF Cam - How to DIY, where to buy???

Gottfried Sandow
30-Sep-2008, 08:51
Hi folks, Iīm new to this forum. The guys over at the rangefinderforum told me that you were probabely the better address to come up with the following problem. So here we go:

I recently bought a Speed Graphic with top mounted RF and standard 135mm lens. I īd like to have a 150mm lens as my second standard. But thatīd only make sense to me if itīs fully connected to the RF. Now I stumbled across the CAM-problem ( the little thingy inside the RF..).
graflex.org tells me that for a 150mm lens Iīll need CAM "8". They also give an instruction to make one yourself which I find not very detailed though...
Has any of you have experience with this and knows HOW TO MAKE or WHERE TO BUY one of those CAMS ??? :o

Any help highly appreciated !! ...and maybe it will help others too... :)
Gottfried

BrianShaw
30-Sep-2008, 09:45
Contact Jim at Midwest Camera in Columbus OH

Walter Calahan
30-Sep-2008, 11:49
If Jim doesn't have one, try Lens & Repro in NYC http://www.lensandrepro.com/

bbjorkum
30-Sep-2008, 12:32
It's easier than you think. Fred Lustig still has most of them in stock. 35USD each. Give him a call. I think you'll find his phone number somewhere here in the forums. I bought a cam for my Aero Ektar 178/2.5 from him. Works flawlessly. Fred will advise you to send him your camera, so that he can match the cam and lens completely. That will be for you to decide. I thought I had a cam that matched my 150mm, but after installing my 178, the 150 lens + cam came out wrong.

Gottfried Sandow
30-Sep-2008, 14:20
Thanks everyone for your quick response. I e-mailed Jeff @ lens&repro. Depending on what he sais I will go through the list...

Thank you again ! :) :)