PDA

View Full Version : Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop III 3A #40101

SadChi
29-Sep-2008, 11:35
Hello, wise men,

What can you say about subj. lens? What is the focal length and maximum aperture?

Many thanks.

Ernest Purdum
29-Sep-2008, 13:30
I have a catalog showing the Portrait Euryscope (also known as Euryscop) Third Series No. 3A as having a focal length of 8.66", a diameter of 2", coverage up to 5" X 8" and maximum aperture of f4.5. It was only available in rigid (no rack and pinion) mountings.

There is a note saying to remove only one lens group at a time so as not to mix them up. It sounds like the front and rear groups are not identical.

goamules
29-Sep-2008, 15:40
...remove only one lens group at a time...

But when you take the front off to put it on the back behind the aperature, you've got them both off! Is this like putting someone in a round room and saying, "sit in the corner?!"

Jim Galli
29-Sep-2008, 19:52
There is a note saying to remove only one lens group at a time so as not to mix them up. It sounds like the front and rear groups are not identical.

This is excellent advice as the other day I took both lens groups off and could not get a focus at all at all.

Max aperture of the Series III is f4.5. I have a Series II Portrait Euryscop that is among my favorite lenses, and a Series III #4 that never gets used. I need to remedy that.

SadChi
29-Sep-2008, 21:32
I have a catalog showing the Portrait Euryscope (also known as Euryscop) Third Series No. 3A as having a focal length of 8.66", a diameter of 2", coverage up to 5" X 8" and maximum aperture of f4.5. It was only available in rigid (no rack and pinion) mountings.

Thank you!

SadChi
29-Sep-2008, 21:41
Thanks to everyone.