PDA

View Full Version : Richard Avedon at the Corcoran

Brian_A
28-Sep-2008, 12:51
Hey All,

I don't know how many live within driving range of Washington, DC, but there is a great exhibition going on at the Corcoran Gallery of Fine Art. Richard Avedon - Portraits of Power. It is one of the most awesome showings I've seen there in a long time. I think the only one I've seen that trumps that show is the Adams/Leibovitz combo show earlier this year. This past week I got to go to a sit down with Paul Roth (The curator of photography at the Corcoran) and the curator of photography over at the National Portrait Gallery and listen to how they put this show together along with the book.

Anyway, if you get a chance to see it, do it. It's well worth your time and you get to see some of the most prolific portraits of the 20th century in big prints. It runs through January 25th, 2009.

-Brian

Kirk Gittings
28-Sep-2008, 13:34
Great! I am going to be there over Thanksgiving and was hoping there would be some good shows.

J_Tardiff
28-Sep-2008, 15:31
Awesome -- i have to go to DC on the govt's dime next month, might as well see some great photography while I'm at it.

Thanks for the heads-up!

JT