PDA

View Full Version : which 4x5 color negative for mixed light?

Janko Belaj
28-Sep-2008, 07:39
I haven't used color negative films at all… just few times in 35mm for party snapshots. But now I think that kind of film might be a good choice for my next project (if will be approved by client after all) - I'm producing calendars for Croatians north fraternal province for last 12 years and I'm kind of tired of paintings and sculptures (former much enjoyable to shoot) and I'm thinking to propose them calendar with interiors - views on main or major altars. And I would like to travel "light". I have shoot that way many times before and I like BW results, but on slides I always had some problems. What I have on my mind are long long exposures with me walking through the church and firing small flash where I think I need more details.
Possible problems with that kind of shootings are very different colors of light. I'm able to filtrate light form my "hand flash" (by that I mean those small strobes people usually add on their SLRs… sorry on my clumsy english :)) but I can not control available light sources (colored windows (vitrail), their lights, time of day when church is empty for at least our or two…). And there is also problem of long exposures and reciprocity values of different films.
Do any one experienced have any suggestion for me?
(sure, I could use my E-3 not only for test (I have used polaroids long time ago), but there is no fun at all :))
Oh yes, I will use probably only my single coated (as I was told) 90mm Super-Angulon and 135mm Symmar on Sinar F1.
tnx :D

Walter Calahan
28-Sep-2008, 11:19
I like the Fuji 160S Pro.

Kirk Gittings
28-Sep-2008, 12:06
Same as Walter, Fuji 160S Pro.