PDA

View Full Version : New Tmax in Canada (finally) :)

Joseph O'Neil
25-Sep-2008, 05:21
Just this past week, I found out that the new Tmax is finally available here in Canada, but only as a special order, and once an order is placed, it might take "a while" to come in. No idea of exactly how long "a while" is. :)

...and that's just 4x5. In anticipation of my "new" used 8x10, when I asked about that size of film.....well, they don't have the catalog number for that size (yet).

About 3-4 months ago, Badger mailed me two boxes direct here to my home. Took about 4-5 days after I ordered it on the phone, and that was by regular mail. That's about the same time it takes a couple boxes of HP5 to come from Rob down near Toronto. When and if I get my 8x10 off the ground and running, I think I'll go that route too.

I keep thinking to myself, for you guys living in China or Germany or Brazil, etc, how long does it take for you to get the new Tmax? A lot quicker than me I suspect? Like I said before, the irony for me is that i live a 5 hour drive from Rochester, NY.
:D

David Swinnard
25-Sep-2008, 15:35
In the spring I bought a single box of 4x5 and a couple rolls of 35mm TMY-2 at Beau Photo here in Vancouver and was very pleased as I had been quite looking forward to trying the stuff after reading of it. I'd been told earlier none would be forthcoming until their supplier was out of the "old" stuff.

Imagine my surprise when I went back in August to get another box of 4x5 when all they had was the old stuff - and lots of it. The darkroom/film person was not the same one I'd bought the first stuff from and was unaware that they'd ever had any of the new stock.

I eventually picked some up at Glazer's in Seattle. Hopefully by the time I'm done with the current two boxes it will become available again locally - Seattle is bit of a drive and the wait time to cross the border is almost as long as the drive to Glazer's from my place.

JimL
25-Sep-2008, 15:44
David, Beau Photo has the new stuff in 120, so I assume it's only LF sizes that are the old film?

Andrew O'Neill
26-Sep-2008, 21:16
I thought I saw the new TMY in 4x5 at Beau when I was there a couple of weeks ago...