PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Shutter Alternative

Merg Ross
20-Sep-2008, 16:58
Another thread is discussing the Sinar shutter and I thought that the Luc shutter might be an alternative in some cases. The Packard is also an alternative, but the Luc has the advantage of being easily front mounted to a lens, or built into the camera itself. I will post pictures.

Ash
20-Sep-2008, 23:56
I have been recommended a Luc shutter before. However, when I went to look for one to purchase, for a number of months I couldn't find one for sale!

erie patsellis
21-Sep-2008, 06:46
If you're patient, a Sinar Shutter can be had reasonably, I paid $400 for mine, with a 360 Symmar-S MC and all the cables. I've seen them by themselves going for almost that. The best way to find one is with a camera, buy the lot, sell off what you don't want/need and typically you end up with the shutter for free.

Of course this only works if you don't already have a Sinar system, as with the interchangability of bits, you can always use another camera...

Ken Lee
21-Sep-2008, 06:48
That looks very good.

I see you have mounted an Apo-Nikkor.

With an Apo-Nikkor 360 f/9 and a separate shutter, you get what some might call a "Poor Man's 360 Fujinon A". Maybe a bit better, since the diaphragm has many leaves.

Merg Ross
21-Sep-2008, 07:49
Ken you are correct, the Apo-Nikkor is a beauty; perfect with the Luc shutter. Mine is the f/9, 450mm version which I use on the 4x5 Cambo sometimes. Well suited for 8x10 also.

By the way, there are different size Luc shutters.