PDA

View Full Version : all the worlds a stage tour

Steve M Hostetter
18-Sep-2008, 13:39
Yes what the hey Ansel did it ,,,, I made a stage for the ladder racks ...

As I depart for the southern gravel wish me luck and I might bring back a wopper..:eek: scream yell sqirm:eek:

Regards

PS.... I will post the wopper as soon as I return but in the mean time will you guys post your shots taken from higher view points and we'll compare..:D

aduncanson
18-Sep-2008, 14:35
Are you sure you are from Beach Grove, IN? Your post reads like you are The Confederate General from Big Sur. :) Meaning I don't understand it.

C. D. Keth
18-Sep-2008, 16:43
I would reply in different kind but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anupam
18-Sep-2008, 17:44
... I have no idea what you are talking about.

Simple! It's all about Ansel's southern wopper and the higher view points of his gravel stage. :p

But now that I've put my dissertation aside and put some quality time into the OP, it seems like he has made a stage atop his car, accessible by ladder, much as Ansel did, and is now setting off from his gravelly southern abode to unknown climes in search of a "wopper" of a picture. In the meantime he invites us to post images taken from relatively high vantage points, such as the top of motor vehicles.

Am I in the ballpark with this? Well, I tried.

David A. Goldfarb
18-Sep-2008, 17:50
That's how I read it.

Vaughn
18-Sep-2008, 19:33
He put a platform on top of his vehicle's roof racks (that one usually uses to haul ladders around).

Vaughn

PS Does the high vantage point have to be up on a vehicle?

Steve M Hostetter
21-Sep-2008, 21:00
Hello friends,,,

Any shots taken from a high vantage point will do..! Sorry I would have posted sooner but ,,would you believe it..? No internet where I go

May take me awhile to get a neg but I went to Reelfoot Lake tenn,, rained a lot but got some

Eric James
21-Sep-2008, 21:08
Steve, How's the gas mileage affected by the "stage"? Any sound or stability issues at highway speed? Can you sleep up there?

Anupam
21-Sep-2008, 22:23
I wouldn't recommend sleeping up there at highway speeds. :D

Steve M Hostetter
22-Sep-2008, 11:17
Hello Eric,,,

The stage is made of wood and can easily be removed... Funny thing,, I found a great spot to use the thing , got it set up and it started raining.. I waited and waited and waited, the God's must not want me to take center stage... ur
Anyway, it was a winding road I planned on shooting and only visable from the stage ,,not to mention I was on top of the Mississippi river levy..

Steve M Hostetter
24-Sep-2008, 05:50
Are you sure you are from Beach Grove, IN? Your post reads like you are The Confederate General from Big Sur. :) Meaning I don't understand it.

That's Beech Grove named after the tree:D

aduncanson
24-Sep-2008, 07:06
That's Beech Grove named after the tree:D

I stand corrected. Thank you.