PDA

View Full Version : New Arca Arrived

more photography
18-Sep-2008, 02:49
New Arca

Hi all - I just wanted to share my excitement with you, before I congratulate myself, I would like to thank all the forum members for their contribution, and to the wealth of information on this form, an a special thanks to Emmanuel and Sheldon for sharing their experience.

My ARCA arrived last weekend, so I have put this weekend aside to play.

It is a special order and Arca were happy to supply, it is F Metric Front 6x9 and the back 5x4 with the Misura leather bellows, it an F metric Field camera and Micrometric Orbix.

In future when digital backs prices become affordable, I might consider one, and only have to change the rear standard.

This is one really solid and well crafted camera, every thing shouts quality, and have no regrets at all, with the exception of Price, it is somewhat overpriced camera.

Gears, are very smooth and solid, Orbix is very well made and the camera is very light and compact.

I got myself a Schneider 150mm Apo Symmar L 5.6 lens and a pack of Fuji instant film , so will be trying it out this weekend.

Will post progress.

Again thanks to all.

eric black
18-Sep-2008, 05:23
Mine is about 20 years old and still operates smoothly and has required only minor repairs- it isnt as pretty to look at anymore, but I think the money was well spent all those years ago (and thinking back I dont think its overpriced- I have never had a camera operate this trouble free and be such a joy to use- congrats on your purchase, it should serve you well.