PDA

View Full Version : fuji readyload & instant film

Arica
15-Sep-2008, 12:57
Hi all,

I am new to large format and look forward to the adventure.
As I work to complete a working set up at a reasonable price I have come up with questions.
One for now.

Can I load fuji instant film on their regular fuji quick load magazine, not the PA-45 which is specific for their instant film?

I found another post that talks about this but it did not answer this question.

Clive Gray
15-Sep-2008, 14:12
Unfortunately not, as you say you need the PA-45 for their instant pack films or the Polaroid equivalent the 550. The smaller size instant pack films can be more economical although of course they don't cover the whole 4 x 5 area the Polaroid 405 holders for these often go for less money too.

Gene McCluney
16-Sep-2008, 08:03
The quick-load magazine does not have the processing rollers needed to finish the instant film prints. In addition to this, the Fuji instant films are Pack Films which need a pack-film back such as the PA-45. The Quick Load back is for Individual Sheets of Film, one at a time. The Quick Load back is more analogous to the Instant film back made by Polaroid for their Type 55, Type 79, etc. individual sheet instant films, but of course the correct back has the processing rollers, which the Quick Load does not.

Currently the ONLY instant films made that fully cover (almost) the 4x5 image area are PACK FILMS made by Fuji, 10 sheet packs that only fit into a Pack Film back such as the Fuji PA-45 or a now discontinued Polaroid pack-film back.

Arica
16-Sep-2008, 09:00
Thanks for the info.
I am sorry that I purchased a used fuji film quick load magazine at B&H as it appears that Polaroid 545 (i or pro) accept both fuji quick load film and fuji instant film. Ce la vie.

rjbrine
24-Sep-2008, 06:15
Be aware of the issues involved when using Fuji Quickload film in anything else than their dedicated quickload single sheet holder. Using other backs causes a pin-cushioning effect on the corners of the trannie as the film is not completely flat. It may not happen on every single shot but when it does occur it can spoil the image particularly with architectural photographs. The dedicated holder has a sprung panel which ensures the sheet stays completely flat.