PDA

View Full Version : Omega View 45F broken plastic part

Ginette
10-Sep-2008, 18:52
I just buy a good looking Omega View 45F on eBay but unfortunately the front rise on one side broke in transport.
This piece look 100% plastic!! It seems that 2 parts fit closely, can I glue them with epoxy and hope that it will do the job well or do I have to look for remplacement part. I don't see the 45F parts on toyoview.com. Any others sources for replacement parts ?

erie patsellis
11-Sep-2008, 04:26
you can try, I've had limited success doing that, and it's a common failure when packed improperly.

raucousimages
11-Sep-2008, 07:25
Toyo makes Omega View so parts are the same. Keep checking ebay for parts. The 45E and 45F had this problem. I have built and sold several 45Es from parts of broken cameras. Parts or damaged cameras come up a lot. I was paying between $5 and $30 for broken cameras and selling them for $150 to $200 when refurbished. I would never want another E or F. The D is a better camera in that price range or step up to a G, GII or GX. Toyo no longer stocks of the part you need, they are gone and I may have gotten the last one about 5 years ago from what they told me when I bought them out.

Ginette
14-Sep-2008, 13:34
Thanks both.
Camera was send in its original case but rising fronts was not in their lower position. Ans some styrofoam was added but not fixed so it didn't help at all.
But I agree also that the design is not so great; using a plastic parts where a rod exerce force not in the middle of the part !
I will try to repair in the mean time, maybe glue it and screw metal hinges to renforce it.
If any one have spares, you can PM me. Thanks.