PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix Lens Boards

xmishx
10-Sep-2008, 09:25
I'm awaiting my 45N sometime in the next few weeks and need to get a lens board for a Schneider Symmar 210/370 convertible. How do I determine the size lens board to get as well as what manufacturer. I've heard Linhof, but I believe they have various types of boards to fit their different cameras. Prices also range from $30 to the hundreds...

Ted

Daniel_Buck
10-Sep-2008, 10:13
the linhof Tech boards and Wista boards are all the same size, that's the size the Chamonix 4x5 uses. There are others as well (I have a few boards that have Nikon written on them). Look for Wista, or Linhof boards, and you'll be fine, it's a pretty standard size. I wouldn't pay more than $30-40 for a good condition board.

ericantonio
10-Sep-2008, 12:37
I got $12.00 ones (or it may be a little more now) from Ebay seller in China. Looks just like a Wista board. Took about 10 days to get.

roteague
10-Sep-2008, 13:40
I got the Bromwell boards from B&H.

Daniel_Buck
10-Sep-2008, 15:01
I think you can get some cheap ones from Adorama as well.

J_Tardiff
10-Sep-2008, 16:48
Another vote for the Bromwells, they fit well and are not too expensive. Sometimes B&H has some used ones.

JT

Peter De Smidt
10-Sep-2008, 17:51
Remember that there are two type of Linhof boards, centered and offset. While there are marks on the Chamonix for either of them, it'd be convenient to have only one type. I recommend the centered ones. Badger Graphic has inexpensive Shen Hao "technica" boards.

Tzabcan
12-Sep-2008, 09:55
Badger Graphic sells generic linhof boards for about $30. You can get them centered or off centered. They fit perfectly and came in 2 days via USPS priority.

Chris Keller
12-Sep-2008, 13:54
I got the Badger Graphic 'Shen Hao' boards...

They are perfect, look good, do exactly what a lens board is supposed to do and the price is right.

Chris Keller
Colorado Springs, CO

xmishx
12-Sep-2008, 17:28
Thanks everyone. I found someone locally who has a nice supply of boards and picked up a pristine Wista board. I can't wait for my camera to come in...