PDA

View Full Version : neutral density filters for m.p.p

kath j jones
7-Sep-2008, 04:56
hi , i have a 135 lens for an mpp 5x4 and i need to get neutral density filters to fit it, there is a screw fitting on the front and back but does anyone know the likelyhood of me being able to get something that fits? i am hoping lee filters weren't going to be my only option. also any suggestions on WHERE to get them from?!
thank you!

Robert A. Zeichner
7-Sep-2008, 06:46
Can you tell us more about the lens? Brand, model, speed, diameter across the the front?

Jiri Vasina
7-Sep-2008, 07:26
I have MPP MicroTechnical Mk.VII with Schneider Xenar 135mm f:4.7 lens. The front filter thread on the lens is 40.5mm. If you have anything similar, than the answer is, there are a lot of variants for the filters.

(for identifying your camera and some more info, you can have a look at the MPP Users Club website (http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/microtec.htm))

For filters, it all depends if you already have some. If you are only starting with them, you could use:

* Cokin A-size filters (too small if you're diving seriously in photography, but possibly the cheapest option to start).
* Cokin P-size filters (and others that fit in the holder, like HiTech,...) but you need a step-up ring, because the smallest P-size ring is 48mm - this is what I chose and use.
* the Lee filters (I don't have them, can not recommend a specific product, but they are said to be best, or way better than Cokin).

As to answering where to get them from, it comes down to where you are, but Cokin filters should be readily available in most shops... :)

kath j jones
7-Sep-2008, 07:56
awesome i have exactly the same camera and lens so that is perfect, thank you so much for your help!

Pete Watkins
7-Sep-2008, 13:50
Hi Kath,
I'm assumingthat you're in The UK (not a lot of MPP's crossed The Pond). If I'm right www.srb-griturn.com supply step up rings, filters and filter holders. I'm a satisfied customer not the owner.
Pete.