PDA

View Full Version : E6 chemicals, redundant?

Tony Lakin
6-Sep-2008, 13:06
Hi
I used to run a small E6 processing handline until about a year ago, unfortunately demand forced me to quit, I have a quantity of E6 chemistry left and it grieves me to discard it, can anyone tell me if the fixer could be used for mono film processing or printing also could the reversal bath be used in reversal processing of mono film:confused:
Any suggestions greatly appreciated:) :) :)
Thanks
Tony

Ash
6-Sep-2008, 13:19
Tony,

I'd take the chems off your hand if you're planning on chucking them, I'm in Wiltshire and am looking to process my own colour film.

Ash

Gene McCluney
7-Sep-2008, 08:40
The fix makes a good film fix for modern b/w films.

Tony Lakin
7-Sep-2008, 08:45
The fix makes a good film fix for modern b/w films.

Hi Gene
Thank you for that:) , I presume I would dilute the concentrate as I would for E6 processing?

Regards
Tony

Gene McCluney
8-Sep-2008, 10:22
Hi Gene
Thank you for that:) , I presume I would dilute the concentrate as I would for E6 processing?

Regards
Tony

AFAIK, yes. You should do a test, timing how long it takes a snippet of film to clear, then double the time. Just like for any fix test. Note..C-41 and E-6 fix do not contain hardener, so I would be cautious about using them for the Efke/Adox classic films, which are reported to be very soft emulsion. Any b/w film made by Kodak, Ilford or Fuji should be fine.