PDA

View Full Version : Lodima Fine Art Silver Chloride Paper is Here

Michael A. Smith
3-Sep-2008, 17:51
Lodima Fine Art Silver Chloride Paper is Here

For full details, see this link

http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/newpaper.html

Thank you for your interest in this paper.

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee

Sal Santamaura
3-Sep-2008, 17:58
Michael, the linked page says it's on double weight base. Is that correct? If so, will the production run early next year also be on double weight base? Thanks.

Michael A. Smith
3-Sep-2008, 18:31
The final run will be on Double-weight Paper. That will make most people happy. We prefer single weight, but there are problems making single-weight paper and it was more economical to have it made in double weight.

Michael

Sal Santamaura
3-Sep-2008, 18:39
The final run will be on Double-weight Paper. That will make most people happy. We prefer single weight, but there are problems making single-weight paper and it was more economical to have it made in double weight...It certainly makes me happy. :D You say "the final run;" will the run you're taking orders for now also be on double weight?

Michael A. Smith
3-Sep-2008, 20:26
Yes. All will be double weight.

Michael

Steve Sherman
3-Sep-2008, 20:28
Kudos to both of you

Turner Reich
3-Sep-2008, 23:06
How many boxes are left for sale? Is it too late? What other sizes will be offered?

Vaughn
3-Sep-2008, 23:11
TR -- go to the website linked in the OP. All you questions will be answered.

(114 boxes left, BTW)

Vaughn

dsphotog
4-Sep-2008, 14:19
Uhhh....better make that 113 avail!!!
I just ordered one!!
can't wait!
David Silva

phil sweeney
6-Sep-2008, 05:39
I just placed my order! Great news!!! I encourage photographers who have not used AZO to try it! Though I primarily use 8 x 10 I have contact prints in 4 x 5 that work well also.

Michael A. Smith
6-Sep-2008, 21:17
There are a lot fewer than 114 or 113 boxes remaining. First of all, of the 290 boxes, Paula and I are keeping some for ourselves.

Second, we have been receiving orders by email and phone call and they are not entered on the inventory list on the shopping cart.

Third, our web guy and ourselves placed orders to see how the shopping cart worked. That used up some of the numbers. So even if the count were visible, which it is not, there is no way to tell how many boxes remain for sale.

There are still some boxes remaining, but the response for these three days has been excellent, and they won't be there forever.

Michael A. Smith

Bruce Barlow
7-Sep-2008, 05:06
Glad to hear that the response has been so good. It portends good things for the future, we hope.

Paul Metcalf
7-Sep-2008, 07:40
Michael-
I pretty much standardized my contact printing process using G3 and water bath development to cover all of my negatives. Is this pre-production run only G2? Will the new Lodima G3 act like Azo G3 in water bath development? Thanks for your efforts. Paul

Michael Kadillak
7-Sep-2008, 14:07
Michael-
I pretty much standardized my contact printing process using G3 and water bath development to cover all of my negatives. Is this pre-production run only G2? Will the new Lodima G3 act like Azo G3 in water bath development? Thanks for your efforts. Paul

Michael just finished up a workshop and probably has a couple of days work to catch up on. I wanted to make sure that you got your question answered.

The pre-production run will only be Grade 2.

Yes, Grade 3 will be included in the main production run in early 2009. Yes, both Grade 2 and Grade 3 will be capable of contrast control with Amidol and a water bath just like Azo. Lodima also tones similar to Azo with selenium. The print temprature (warm/ cool) can also be controlled with Kbr just like Azo.

Cheers!

Andrew O'Neill
8-Sep-2008, 17:44
Okay. I ordered a box. I've never ever used Azo or an Azo-like paper ever...I'll try it and see what all the fuss is about.

John Bowen
6-Dec-2008, 16:34
Michael posted on the Azo Forum that the paper has finally arrived and he will begin shipping 12/8

eddie
12-Dec-2008, 10:43
Got Mine! :)

Andrew O'Neill
20-Dec-2008, 18:59
Got mine today!

Fred L
22-Dec-2008, 10:53
Ditto, can't wait to see how curly it is ;)