PDA

View Full Version : International Photography Awards Placement

ViewCameraNut
1-Sep-2008, 11:08
Hello everyone, I just received some good news. I placed in the IPA Contest. Here is a copy of the email I received. Regards, Mike C. > www.pbase.com/jakeyferret/f32

Dear Contestant,
Congratulations. We are proud to announce that your work has placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in one or more of the subcategories in the 2008 International Photography Awards competition. 22,872 photographs were submitted spanning across 124 countries!
The details of your winning entry will be made available to view on September 5, 2008 when the 2008 winners' link will go live and public. An official seal for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will also be available for you to see/ download in your “winner services” section of your IPA account, along with a press release.
In addition, we will be mailing your certificate to you at the beginning of the month and your winning images will be included in the 2008 Lucie Awards, coffee table book. Please email [email]with your current address by Thursday, September 4th, only if your mailing address on your photoawards.com account is OUT DATED, so that your certificate will reach you successfully. If your address is correct please do not confirm or send an email, as we will use the listed address.
In celebration of your achievement, we are offering a 50% discount to all the winners to attend the Lucie Awards ceremony held at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York on Monday, October 20, 2008 purchasable at www.LincolnCenter.org. For the discount code, email with your winning entry ID number (this will be made available September 5th on photoawards.com) in the subject line. Please consider that they are subject to availability as we sold out last year.
Join us for the biggest night in photography as we pay tribute to living legends and reveal the 2008 International Photographer of the Year, the Discovery of the Year and the Deeper Perspective Photographer of the Year! To learn more about the photographers that will be honored at the 2008 Lucie Awards, visit Lucies.org.
Again, congratulations on your success – your incredible work and participation in the 2008 International Photography Awards.
Regards,
Sarah ChoCompetition Director IPA | Lucie 550 N. Larchmont Blvd. Ste. 100Los Angeles, CA 90004310.659.0122

Dave Wooten
1-Sep-2008, 12:25
Way to go Mike, congrats!

ViewCameraNut
1-Sep-2008, 13:19
Thank You Very Much Dave! Regards, Mike Cable.

sanchi heuser
3-Sep-2008, 05:39
Congratulations Mike !

22872 photos from 124 countries !And you are 1st,2nd and 3rd!
Must feel absolutely good.

Respect,
sanchi

Kirk Gittings
3-Sep-2008, 07:54
Way to go Mike, a real acomplishment.

Sanchi,

Congratulations Mike !

22872 photos from 124 countries !And you are 1st,2nd and (OR!)3rd!
Must feel absolutely good.

Respect,
sanchi

John Brady
3-Sep-2008, 09:34
Great job Mike! Lots of great images but I really like the color sand bar abstracts on your site. Keep us updated when you know more.
jb
www.timeandlight.com

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
4-Sep-2008, 05:03
Have you ever been to the Lucie Awards? It's a who's who of photography today. Certainly an amazing crowd to accept an award for your photography in front of.. what an opportunity! Congratulations.

sanchi heuser
4-Sep-2008, 11:36
"1st,2nd and (OR!) 3rd!"

OH SORRY!
In my overwhelming enthusiasm I made you the Overall Winner :)