PDA

View Full Version : Anba Ikeda Manual?

Tim Meisburger
1-Sep-2008, 02:22
I just bought an old Anba Ikeda 4x5 and was wondering if anyone has a scan of the original manual?

Thank you, Tim

Robert A. Zeichner
1-Sep-2008, 03:36
I do. I'll scan it, but will need your email address to send. PM me with that.

Tim Meisburger
1-Sep-2008, 22:44
Thanks Bob, I really appreciate it. I've sent you a PM.

Best, Tim Meisburger

drawntofire
14-Apr-2010, 04:23
Hi,
I've just bought an old Anba Ikeda 4x5 too. Is it possible to please send me a scan of the original manual ?

Best wishes, Ken

Ernest Purdum
14-Apr-2010, 10:55
You folks are in luck. I never got a manual with the 1/2-plate one I bought new. Oh, well, if I had got one it would have been in Japanese.

Kelly R.
1-Jun-2010, 17:36
Hi,
I've inherited a spotless Anba Ikeda 4x5, sans manual. Beautiful, but I will be selling it. Problem is, I can't figure out how to fold it up properly (so much for that engineering degree). Do they not fold with a lens installed? Guidance, or a copy of the manual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-- Kelly

Tim Meisburger
1-Jun-2010, 18:36
I've answered Kelly in a PM, but just to follow up on this, I never did get a manual. I got a two-page leaflet for a similar Nagaoka camera.

Tim

Mark Tweed
3-Jun-2010, 09:27
Tim,

Here's a link to Camera Eccentric's site with a copy of the manual for the Nagaoka 4X5 which is in effect the same as your Anba/Ikeda.

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/nagaoka_1.html

Mark

Rick Keller
12-Sep-2014, 12:10
Greetings,

I just wanted to leave this brief response for this topic and the forum in general. I just purchased an Ikeda ANBA camera, and I had been searching for an instruction manual. Yesterday, after I had discovered this 6-year old post on this very issue, I contacted Mr. Zeichner in the hopes that he was still active on this forum and whether he would be willing to share a copy of this manual, if he still had one. Well, Mr. Zeichner responded within a day and graciously and promptly shared a copy of this manual via email! I am appreciative of Mr. Zeichner's generosity and enthusiasm to help a newcomer to LF. I look forward to learning more about this art and trade from the wise and experienced participants here.

Thank you again, Bob!

- Rick

Tim Meisburger
12-Sep-2014, 13:11
Good luck with that great camera! My post to start this thread is, I think, my first ever on this forum, and the Ikeda was my first large format camera. I sold mine, regretted it, and recently bought another to use as my lightweight field camera. 900-odd posts later I have (in addition to the Ikeda) two Crown Graphics, a Sinar Norma, an Ebony 45s, a B&J 5x7, and a big Japanese studio camera, and a Travelwide on the way.