PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 trans in bangkok

ifer
28-Aug-2008, 05:21
will be going to bangkok for holiday in 2 weeks time and am wondering where can i get supplies of provia 100F 4x5 in bangkok?
anyone knows about it?
thanks

B.S.Kumar
28-Aug-2008, 06:06
You might want to ask Thierry Hagenauer (username: thsinar) on the Luminous Landscape forum. He is Sinar's representative for Asia and is based in Bangkok. He's an extraordinarily helpful guy.

Cheers,
Kumar

eddie
28-Aug-2008, 07:51
the best lab in thailand is iq lab (http://iqlab.co.th.www.readyplanet5.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Ntype=2) there are others bu this is the most professional. (also the most expensive). i have not done any LF work with them but call them.

i have used many shops on silom road and a few over near the MBK shopping center. there is a good shop just over the canal boat pick up right there. just ask some one when you get there. there are plenty of labs in the area that can direct you.

if you get to chaing mai go to photo bug! they are great! they stopped doing E6 but if you need a lab they the place. tell them eddie sent you.

i have spent years in thailand and the surrounding countries. i have sued the labs with great success. scanning is very affordable (especially at photo bug). i ws shooting mostly medium format and some 35mm. i will bring my 4x5 next time.

if you need any more info let me know. probably better if you call me on the phone....too much to type! 845 336 5106.

cheers

eddie

OH! i see you are in Malaysia. i can call you using skype. very cheap. let me know if i can help. i love thailand! great place....great food!

Tim Meisburger
6-Sep-2008, 03:00
Camera Hobby at Silom Center on Silom, and another place around on Wireless but I forget the name.

ifer
17-Sep-2008, 23:25
am in bangkok right now. can't seem to find camera hobby and seem like nobody know where this silom center is.

anyway, a minor update on films in bangkok:

if you are talking about 135 format, they have quite some selection in some better shops. i remember seeing ilford deltas collection too and the kodak portra series too.

for 120, still not much of a problem. fujichrome provia 400X for 270 baht. portra series though it is only one shop in MBK center that i saw this film being sold. ilford for 120 is plenty.

for 220 and bigger (large format). this is when the problem start. so far, no such films exist in bangkok.

joolsb
18-Sep-2008, 23:29
i have sued the labs with great success.

I take it they weren't too good, then? :D

CantikFotos
23-Sep-2008, 05:16
Foto (Photo) Hobby is on the 3rd Floor of Silom Complex on Silom Road. Tel: +66 (2) 2313232.

http://www.silomcomplex.net/location.htm