PDA

View Full Version : For Sale forum sub forums

Diane Maher
28-Aug-2008, 05:15
I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have several sub forums within the For Sale forum. It seems that with the large amount of stuff for sale here, that even things posted within a week are down to page 2 or 3 in the for sale forum. I think that limits the sale possibilities as items go further down the list. Maybe have categories such as cameras, lenses, accessories, film?

ASRafferty
28-Aug-2008, 07:48
Second the motion! In this economy, it's only going to get more and more active.

Ralph Barker
28-Aug-2008, 08:01
Thanks for the suggestion, Diane. We'll discuss it among the moderators.

PViapiano
28-Aug-2008, 08:05
If you do that, please also have an option that keeps it like it is, a unified view.

Ash
28-Aug-2008, 09:19
I'd hate to have even more forums to click through - so long as they remain on the "http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=30" I don't mind!

I'm not sure how far it should be split though?

-Cameras
-Lenses
-Everything else

??

What then about multiple items in a single thread, for example Jim Galli's with maybe 4 lenses and two cameras?

Diane Maher
1-Sep-2008, 04:31
I think that the categories I suggested in my original post are sufficient. Cameras, Lenses, Accessories, Film. These seem to be the categories which I see the most of in the FS forum here. For those who aren't wanting to split their kits up, perhaps a notation in the subject line, such as, Camera Kit to indicate multiple items in a single thread would be sufficient?

Brian_A
1-Sep-2008, 10:06
And possibly a WTB sub forum?

lenser
1-Sep-2008, 11:43
And please, please, please allow them to show on the unified view so that everyone gets a chance to find them!!!!!!!!!!!!