PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheet film

David Michael Bigeleisen
26-Aug-2008, 18:28
I have just received a miniature crown graphic camera as a gift. It takes 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheet film. Does anyone know if this film is available anywhere? Does anyone know anything about the history of these cameras?

David Michael Bigeleisen

Gene McCluney
26-Aug-2008, 18:40
Freestyle sales (surely you know them..big Vendor with catalogs and internet sales in California) has their own private label film Arista.edu.ultra (Foma) available in ISO 100 and 200, each 50 sheets for under $23. They also show Efke in ISO 25, 50 and 100 for $9.99 for 25 sheets. Thats a pretty good selection for a little used size.

David A. Goldfarb
26-Aug-2008, 18:44
HP5+ is a stock item in 2x3" sheets. A few of us petitioned for FP4+ as part of Ilford's special sheet film run this year, and we got it through The View Camera Store. You might contact them to see if it's still possible to order it in this size. It could be that Ilford may cut more than the preordered number of boxes.

Dan Fromm
27-Aug-2008, 05:15
Hmm. The names Graflex Inc. applied to their cameras confuse everyone. I take it that you have a 2x3 Crown Graphic, i.e., a 2x3 Graphic with no focal plane shutter.

No color films are available in 2x3. If you want to shoot color, you'll need a roll holder that fits the camera; with a roll holder you'll be able to use 120 film.

Go to www.graflex.org and root around, especially in the Speed Graphic FAQ, to find out which kind of back your camera has. The possibilities are Graflok (takes clip-on roll holders) and Graphic (also called spring, doesn't take clip-on roll holders).

Then root around some more to educate yourself about roll holders. If your camera has a spring back, all is not lost. You can use an Adapt-A-Roll 620 holder (I wrote that section of the FAQ) or you can replace the spring back with a Graflok. Finding a 2x3 Graflok may take a while.

ki6mf
30-Aug-2008, 14:08
Ilford's distributor and Freesacle tell me 2x3 HP5 (ISO 400) is an item that is stocked worldwide and readily available. The Ilford part # is 1629145 - HP5+ 2.25x3.25in 25sheet packs. You should be able to order from any ilford distributor though I was able to order from Freescale with no problem. Freesacle says they need to meet a minimum order quality so quality ordered may vary. It’s better to order when the stocking order for Ilford products goes in.

Bill_1856
30-Aug-2008, 15:16
The negative in sheet film is slightly smaller than the one on roll film, which may give a problem in your enlarger film carrier.
There are frequently 2x3 Grafmatic backs on ebay which hold 6 sheets, and make it into a much more usable camera.

Gene McCluney
30-Aug-2008, 16:13
Ilford's distributor and Freesacle tell me 2x3 HP5 (ISO 400) is an item that is stocked worldwide and readily available. The Ilford part # is 1629145 - HP5+ 2.25x3.25in 25sheet packs. You should be able to order from any ilford distributor though I was able to order from Freescale with no problem. Freesacle says they need to meet a minimum order quality so quality ordered may vary. It’s better to order when the stocking order for Ilford products goes in.

For those that may not know, the correct name is Freestyle. if you are referring to the West Coast mail order and store.

Turner Reich
4-Sep-2008, 02:59
HP5+ is a stock item in 2x3" sheets.

Where can a person order it directly without a special order from Ilford?

David A. Goldfarb
4-Sep-2008, 03:53
Where can a person order it directly without a special order from Ilford?

I've seen HP5+ listed at B&H, The View Camera Store, and Freestyle. For FP4+, you have to go through one of the retailers that is handling the special order, such as The View Camera Store.