View Full Version : What is this Sinar part

26-Aug-2008, 10:37

Can anybody identify this item
It came in a box of Sinar bits but dose not seem to fit on my F2
It looks like it may be a lens shade holder
I have some plastic ones that clip onto a spare bellows

Also on the front and rear standards of the F2 there are grove/keyway that runs around the edge with a circular hole at the top
Can anybody tell me the purpose of it



Robert Fisher
26-Aug-2008, 10:50
a bellow holder

two of these plus a square rod plus a bellow serve as a cover for lens

Sinars have adapters in the front frame to accomodate

Frank Petronio
26-Aug-2008, 12:42
Those are for the older Norma cameras, they sit at a different angle than the later F-P era clips. You can get by with one clipped onto the front of a ratty old bellows, plus a long hexagonal pencil instead of the hex rod. It makes a decent lenshade. Don't toss it! They are hard to find... worth $20 to $100 depending on how desperate the buyers are.

Bjorn Nilsson
27-Aug-2008, 12:35
The groove is for fitting accessories, like a holder for a meter. (Check pictures of the Booster 1 connected to a Minolta meter. There's a holder for that meter which sits on the left side of the rear standart.
Another use is to fit a "catch hook" on the front standart. This will prevent the lens from falling off the camera if the locking latch hasn't cought properly. It's a cheap and very useable accessory. Recommended!


27-Aug-2008, 14:02
The groove is for fitting accessories, like a holder for a meter.

Nope. The meter holders are screwed into hole-and-slot contraptions on the meter back or rear-lens shutters. Frank is right, it is part of a compendium holder - two of them and a hexagonal rod are attached to a bellows to make a lens shade, or shade for the binocular viewer.


Bjorn Nilsson
28-Aug-2008, 09:34
Sevo, you are mixing up the words here. The hex rod goes into a (hex) hole with a locking screw on the bottom of the frames. I'm quite certain that you cannot call that hole a "groove". In my way of interpreting english a "groove" is what you call "hole-and-slot contraption". I guess the terms are interchangeable.