PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

brucemcelya
25-Aug-2008, 15:09
Hi Folks,

I live on a small farm in KY, and used to live in the mountains of NM where I had a commercial photography co for 17 years. I met some interesting and nice folks at the LF conference in Louisville a couple years back. After five years of no sheet negatives, I'm diving back in to 4x5, my comfort zone. Only silver. What a great metal.

After perusing the archives for a year, most of what I would ask is there! So thanks to the admin types who volunteer so much time. I appreciate it. Mr. Simmons wrote an article about calibrating film in a back issue of VC and that's seems the place to start. I have a question so I guess I'll mosey over to the proper forum and ask it.

Best personal regards,
Bruce McElya
http://www.pbase.com/bmcelya/home

Mark Sawyer
25-Aug-2008, 21:43
Hi, Bruce!

Just thought I'd say "welcome to the forum!" Hope you find the answers to your queries.

~ Mark

brucemcelya
26-Aug-2008, 08:41
Thank you Mark. I look forward to the possibilities. bruce

matthew blais
26-Aug-2008, 09:01
Welcome...

Kirk Gittings
26-Aug-2008, 09:06
Welcome! Where did you live in New Mexico?

brucemcelya
26-Aug-2008, 17:27
Thanks Kirk, all. I lived a bit south of you there in Ruidoso. We met some time ago at Paul's gallery. You were kind enough to come visit with us the evening before your opening. Great show! I was the noisy guy who drank too much truth serum and asked too many questions (smile). I hope you make it out again one day. If not, I'll be thru Santa Fe soon enough. Lunch? bruce