PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Paths

Kirk Gittings
25-Aug-2008, 13:35
One of the great rewards of participating in this forum is meeting fellow travelers. In this regard this forum has really enriched my life over the years. Today I had lunch with a great photographer currently living in Colorado, Wayne Lambert, who (given our mutual interests and places we have lived etc.) I could of as easily met 44 years ago as he tromped around the the little military outpost I lived in (some 32 odd houses in the middle of nowhere) doing his geology graduate work. But instead we finally meet nearly a half century later because of our mutual interest in LF and our participation in this forum! Amazing. What a gift.

http://www.waynelambert.net/Text_page.cfm?pID=666

Eric Biggerstaff
25-Aug-2008, 13:39
Kirk,

Sounds like a nice lunch! I had the pleasure of meeting Wayne at Foto3 this year, he is a great guy and a gifted photographer.

This forum has allowed me to meet and make several new friends (you included) and I think it is one of the great gifts this forum has provided me.

Eric

bob carnie
25-Aug-2008, 15:14
I was lucky enough to meet with Ted Harris this spring here in Toronto and feel enriched by the experience.

Kirk Gittings
25-Aug-2008, 16:32
Thanks Eric. The respect is mutual.

And Ted...............yes what a loss. You are so right Bob.

Wayne Lambert
26-Aug-2008, 09:09
Well, I'm still on the road and am using my wife's laptop. Thanks, so much, Kirk. The irony of it struck me, too. Returning from her meetings last night my wife said, how did it go today? I said I met a really fine fellow whom I've wanted to meet for a long time.

And thank you, Eric. The feeling is mutual.